2018 Manchester Teaching Awards Opportunity
Get involved in the 2018 Manchester Teaching Awards!
The Teaching Awards are an innovative way of recognizing excellent teaching staff for their contribution to your learning and give students greater control over their learning.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a recognised university wide event, and gain some marketing and project management experience. There are lots of ways you can get involved, please see the various roles below:
Becoming a Teaching Awards Ambassador – This role requires you to raise the profile of the event, this will include:
- Presenting nominations to staff members across campus.
- Working on stalls throughout the second semester to promote the Teaching Awards.
- On the stalls ambassadors will help to inform students about what the categories are and how they can vote.
Teaching Awards Lead Ambassadors – For any students who have been involved in the project previously or who would like the opportunity to develop their leadership skills we will also be recruiting lead ambassadors. As well as participating in all of the ambassador related duties lead ambassadors will be asked to:
- Support and motivate ambassadors in promoting the teaching awards
- Work collaboratively to find ways to successfully engage students on campus.
Member of the Student Panel – This involves sitting on the Teaching Awards Judgement panel in April – We’ll be looking for 6 students who can commit to one Afternoon (in late April date tbc) to make the final judgement on which staff member will receive which award for each category.
To find out more about the time frame and dates for both roles please click here and look at the Time frame section: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/nusdigital/document/documents/39419/4ecdca5b73b183e2721e7ab1d7bfca96/Lead_Ambassador_Role_Description.docx
All students who volunteer will receive
- An Amazon voucher worth up to £25
- An invitation to attend the awards ceremony in May
- A certificate and experience feedback
If you are interested in any of the above opportunities please fill in a short application here https://umsu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/teaching-awards-ambassador-recruitment